Jobs at Central China Normal University Wollongong Joint Institute
The Central China Normal University Wollongong Joint Institute (JI) at Central China Normal University (CCNU) hunts international talents to fill the vacancy of Full Professor, Associate Professor and Lecturer relevant to Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, and Educational Technology. Screening of complete applications will begin on Dec. 1, 2019. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
? Teach graduate subjects and instruct laboratory experiments within the major;
Subjects may include
- Computer Science: Advanced Programming, IT Project Management, CS Research Methodology, Database Systems, Algorithms and Data Structures, Contemporary Topics in Computer Science, Service-Oriented Software Engineering, Advanced Computer Security, Advanced Network Security, Pattern Recognition, Reasoning and Learning, Computational Intelligence, Multimedia Content Management, Formal Methods in Software Engineering, Project/ Professional Project;
- Telecommunication Engineering: Innovation and Design, Engineering Research Methods, Advanced Laboratory, Communication and ICT Workplace Practice, Communication Systems, Multimedia Signal Processing, Wireless Communication Systems, Network Engineering, Advanced Signals and Systems, Mobile Networks, Internet Networking Protocols, Image and Video Processing, Telecommunications System Modelling, Engineering Project Management, Advanced Project;
? Mentor graduates with their final project;
? Conduct research and/or creative works in respective area of specialization;
? Develop and maintain relationships with industry contacts to support internship programs, project collaborations and industrial mentoring;
? Demonstrate institutional citizenship through active engagement at the JI, university, community, and professional levels;
? Willingness to assume other duties as assigned.
? Ph. D Degree in Computer Science/ Telecommunication Engineering or a related technical field (Software Engineering/ Mechatronics/ Robotics preferred) from an internationally accredited institution;
? Able to teach and conduct research all in English within the major, native speaker preferred;
? Related teaching, researching, industry experience, and professional licensure are highly desirable;
? Specific criteria in different levels
- Full/Associate Professor: 3-5 years' experience as an instructor or researcher in a globally accredited institution; able to teach 3-4 all-in-English graduate subjects within the major; has 3-5 or above publications in journals indexed by SCI within the last 5 years;
- Lecturer: 2 years' experience as an instructor or researcher in a globally accredited institution; able to teach 2-3 all-in-English graduate subjects within the major; has over 2 publications in journals indexed by SCI within the last 5 years.
Salaries and Benefits
- Full Professor: Salary range is RMB 350,000 to 450,000; a “start-up package”, in particular for the initiation of research projects, ranges from RMB 200,000 to 1 Million; settling-in allowances from RMB 300,000 to 500,000.
- Associate Professor: Salary range is RMB 300,000 to 350,000; the start-up grants ranges from RMB 100,000 to 400,000; settling-in allowances from RMB 100,000 to 400,000.
- Lecturer: Salary range is RMB 200,000 to 300,000; the start-up grants ranges from RMB 100,000 to 400,000; settling-in allowances from RMB 100,000 to 400,000.
Temporary apartment is provided for all positions (house rent should be paid as required).
Interested candidates should submit a current curriculum vitae (include research interest, education background, working experience, research projects, publications, patents, etc.), recommendation letters from at least 2 Full Professors/ Research Scientists, Indexed Journals List and Journal Impact Factor List from SCI, EI, SSCI, or CSSCI of the publications, Degree Certificates (include Ph. D, Master’s and Bachelor’s if applicable), and transcripts to the Dean of the JI, Dr. YU Xinguo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
From the applicants who meet the qualifications and who have submitted all the required documents, the Joint Selection Committee of the JI will determine the candidates who are best qualified. They will be invited to have an interview.
For more information, contact the Dean Dr. YU Xinguo via Tel. 86-27-67867572 and E-mail add. email@example.com, or visit our website http://www.ideasforzaragoza.com/en/Home.htm .
About Central China Normal University Wollongong Joint Institute
Central China Normal University Wollongong Joint Institute (JI) is jointly established by Central China Normal University (CCNU) and University of Wollongong (UOW), Australia. JI is a Chinese-foreign cooperatively-run institution approved by the Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China. It aims to cultivate international high level talents with innovative and entrepreneurial capabilities, offering courses for master's and higher degree, and conducting cutting-edge research. JI has been recruiting graduate students of computer science and telecommunication engineering since 2016.
Located in Wuhan, the capital of Hubei Province and a major hub of transportation in China, CCNU is a key comprehensive university directly under the administration of the Ministry of Education, China. The picturesque campus of over 2,000 Mu (330 acres) is nestled on Guizi Hill, bordering South Lake. As one of the universities on the list of 211 National Education Priority Project, CCNU is highly recognized as an important base for cultivating brilliant talents for the country, as well as a superior training center for excellent teachers in higher learning institutions and high schools.
UOW is a leading young university with excellence in scientific research and teaching quality, ranking among the top 2% of universities in the world. Computer Science and Telecommunication Engineering are two key majors offered by the Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences (EIS) of UOW. EIS has a world class reputation for excellence in research, strong collaborations with industry and government partners, and innovative approaches to teaching and learning. It is a member of the Group of Eight (Go8) Deans of Engineering and Associates, the top research Faculties in Australia.